Murder of Crows Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» ARENA ! ! !
The Troop Topic EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 11:15 pm by Skyraiders

» Welcome to Rival Kingdoms, Crows!
The Troop Topic EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 11:05 pm by Skyraiders

» All About Ancients
The Troop Topic EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 7:37 pm by Zenobia [Stacy]

» The Troop Topic
The Troop Topic EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 9:37 pm by Zenobia [Stacy]

» Attack Strategies
The Troop Topic EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 9:20 pm by Zenobia [Stacy]

» - - Q & A - -
The Troop Topic EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 8:21 pm by Zenobia [Stacy]

The Troop Topic

Go down

The Troop Topic Empty The Troop Topic

Post by Zenobia [Stacy] Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:43 pm

Just in case I haven't mentioned it enough times yet, upgrading your troops is SUPER-IMPORTANT. Like REALLY SUPER-DUPER INCREDIBLY important.

ALWAYS be upgrading troops. The only time you should not be upgrading is if a) your blacksmith is upgrading or b) you've already upgraded ALL your troops to the max for your blacksmith level.

More to come.
Zenobia [Stacy]
Zenobia [Stacy]
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Troop Topic Empty Re: The Troop Topic

Post by Zenobia [Stacy] Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:57 pm

• SOLDIERS.
    In some games, as you start being able to make/use new types of troops, your old ones become obsolete. Not so in this game! I 100% guarantee even when you are level 15, you will still be using soldiers. But you MUST upgrade them the moment you can! As their in-game description says, they are "the backbone of your army." They do good damage. They have good health. They are your basic all-around... soldiers. When they can be upgraded, it should always be your highest priority to do so.

• WARDENS.
    These got seriously nerfed a while back. They have so little health now. But they are still usable - just be SURE you hold them, and drop them behind your other troops, and after the defenses have targeted those other troops. When I use wardens I often hold them until everything in front of the stronghold is cleared away and as my other troops clear the defenses on the sides, the wardens get plopped down and take down the SH. The upgrade from level 4 to 5 wardens increases their health a lot and should be high priority when you can (@SH10/blacksmith 7). Many don't use them until they are level 5. But when I was at the stage of the game you guys are now, it was pre-nerf so I don't know if they are really good or not at your level.

• MANA HUNTERS
    Often the butt of jokes, I have very recently (in the last couple weeks) starting using these "pigeons" (as many derisively call them) in 90% of my battles. BUT... that is because I have 6 troop portals. With any fewer, I wouldn't. They are tricky to use and I'd say until you have 6 portals, you probably should leave them behind. But do level them in the blacksmith after leveling the troops you actually use. They WILL be useful to you one day.

• MAULERS
    a.k.a. tanks. Very strong, very good at smashing walls (their regular damage x300% vs. walls)... I almost always have 1 portal of maulers. And drop them first.

• PALADINS
    Make no mistake - you REALLY REALLY want these guys. They don't do much damage but they keep your other troops (and themselves!) ALIVE. Just be careful around cursed touch towers. I always always always have a portal of paladins. Sometimes 2.

• RAIDERS
    Meh. I don't use them except sometimes a raider boost if I'm not sure I'll get a win but don't want to use a really good boost. They run around really fast attacking only gold buildings. That can be useful to draw fire to them and therefore off your real troops. Or before I was in arena if there was an impossible base to beat with gold around the perimeter, I'd deploy all raiders to just take the money and run. But ONLY if there was no way I'd win the raid.

• PRIMUS MAGES
    I haven't unlocked these yet so have only used them as boosts and can't really give much advice on them.
Zenobia [Stacy]
Zenobia [Stacy]
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenobia [Stacy] Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:37 pm

If you have multiple troop upgrades possible at the moment, I recommend these as your priority order for upgrading. (Obviously, if you don't have a troop, go to the next on the list Razz ) :

1. Paladins
  2. Soldiers
  3. Maulers
  4. Wardens
  5. Mana Hunters
  6. Raiders

Though soldiers are arguably #1 not #2. And if you are crazy like me, then at later game stages you may prioritize mana hunters over wardens as your ranged troop of choice.

Remember, shiny new types of troops are fun to try. But your early troop types just keep getting better. They don't become outdated. As long as you upgrade, upgrade, upgrade. Upgrading is so important I keep track of exactly when each upgrade will finish so I have the gold (and later also rings) to start the next one (or next blacksmith upgrade) the moment the one is done!
Zenobia [Stacy]
Zenobia [Stacy]
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum